Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A New Challenge

Not having a slab mold I really didn't know how well this month's Soap Challenge Club project would go. The Helix/DNA swirl is a surface swirl that's best showcased in a slab mold.

But I chose to not let that hold me back. I've been wanting to make a rainbow soap for a long while now, so that's what I did. I topped it with layer of white and then added a line of soap in each rainbow colour down the length of the soap. Out came the chopstick and away I went!

Helix Swirl in the mold
Most of the colours were Nurture's Vibrance Micas with the exception of the yellow and blue - they were sample packs from Rustic Essential. For the red and orange I added a bit of oxide to the Vibrance Micas.
Out of the mold - I really like this!
No ash yet - here's hoping it will stay away!
Scented with orange, lemon and litsea cubeba essential oils. This soap makes me happy!!

Another great challenge - thanks Amy!

11 comments:

  1. I love your choice of colours and the rainbow stripes inside really set the soap off well. I can never manage such beautiful straight layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soap makes us happy, too! Gosh, what beautiful colors and layers! Really good job on the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one crazy awesome soap, Eileen!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty soap ! Love the even rainbow layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Rainbow! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments. I love seeing everyone's results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this! You executed everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks sooo good!! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love rainbows, and this one made my day! The helix is awesome as well, especially in a log mould.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I am actually liking the ones in a loaf mold a lot. And your layers are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete