Friday, April 12, 2013

Mica Swirled Top

Week 3 of the Greatcakes Soapworks Challenge - Mica Swirled Top. I had a hard time figuring out what to do for this challenge. The only sparkly mica I have on hand is 24 karat gold. I knew it needed a dark soap, and I wanted to keep it really simple so that the top would be the star. But I had soapers block. And then my package of essential oils arrived from Victoria! And inside was a beautiful bottle of Vanilla 20x essential oil!! I knew what to do!
I added some cocoa powder to this batch, hoping for a bit of a chocolate 'flavour' as well. And then I added just a titch of patchouli essential oil. Once in the mold I used a pipette to add the gold mica mixed in olive oil.
Then came the swirls!

And here is a close-up. Isn't she pretty??

I put this loaf to bed for the night, and look what I came to the next day.
Now how disappointing is that?! If this vanilla didn't do what every vanilla, essential or fragrance or otherwise, does to me every time I would not be happy, I could promise you that!

And much to my pleasure it did darken, and it ashed, but I think I can live with it! :-))
Chocolate Vanilla Cocoa Butter Bar
There will be no new challenge for this coming week; the final challenge in this series will be the following week, and it involves leopard spots! Should be interesting. Be sure to check out Amy's blog to see all the other challenge-takers creations!






23 comments:

  1. Very luxury soap!! That is one of the most beautiful soaps I have ever seen. I should also by golden mica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that swirled top really sets the bar off nicely. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a rich, lovely brown and perfectly matching tops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so gorgeousness! I bet it smells divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! the gold mica on the brown looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gold mica on the dark soap. Very elegant looking!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your soap is stunning. The mica swirls are perfect and they contrast so well with the dark brown. I made mine with molasses on Thursday hoping it would be dark, but when I cut it on Saturday it had lightened up. Mine's a shampoo bar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutley gorgeous. I love the contrast between the gold and the dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The mica swirl is beautiful and overall the soap looks great - simple, elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Eileen you captured me at chocolate and patchouli! Beautiful soap! Me thinks that the mica markets are going to be doing good business the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love the gold on the dark brown soap. I did a coffee soap in a similar fashion but yours looks much better. You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, Eileen! You definitely gave this dark brown soap an elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, such a pretty effect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning color combo! Very pretty soap.
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dark and the gold really off set each other very well - what a lovely and striking bar of soap!

    ReplyDelete