Friday, April 26, 2013

Fourth and Final Challenge Soap

I had never heard of Leopard Spots soap technique until Amy put out her challenge on her blog, but it sure was intriguing! Cee's looked really cool; I especially loved her colours! And Amy made it look so easy on her video. I found that it was harder than it looked, though. First, my colours were not co-operating - how could I have forgotten that orange essential oil would alter my mauve coloured soap?? Then my black (activated charcoal) set up quicker than the rest of the soap. But I got 'er done! It overheated a bit, as evidenced by a few small cracks on top and some clouding on the cut surfaces. And then there's the dreaded Ash! I know, "embrace the ash". I don't like Ash! Just sayin'...



This soap is fragranced with sweet orange and lavender essential oils. Can't wait to check out the other participants creations; you can too at Amy's Greatcakes Soapworks blog. Thanks so much for the challenges again Amy! It was so much fun!!

15 comments:

  1. I think they look beautiful! Ash is terrible in general, but you got only a little on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately for all of us ash washes off! I experience some fragrance and some butter combos cause more ash than simpler ingredients. Just am fascinated by these color combinations E. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely soap, Eileen! The fragrance sounds very nice and you got lovely spots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spots turned out lovely! Beautiful soap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, you got beautiful leopard spots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful spots, Eileen! You did it as you had done it so many times before,congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice looking and the orange/lavender blend sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous spots - well done! And the natural colorants you've chosen are a perfect combination with the EOs used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors and spots just came out so beautifully in your soap! If only for smell-o-blogging and a way to catch a whiff of that scent and it would be perfect lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look exactly like leopard spots!!! You did such an excellent job, Eileen! Thank you for participating in the challenges this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally love your version of the leopard spots, they turned out perfectly! =)

    ReplyDelete