Thursday, April 4, 2013

Challenge Week #2 - Elemental Swirls

Amy's challenge (Greatcakes Soapworks) for this week is the Elemental Swirl. Using the same recipe as last week, I chose to make 2 smaller batches simultaneously - I just felt that it would give me more time to play. For my first layer I swirled Fizzy Lemonade, Tangerine and Sunset Orange into my base and poured it into my mold. For the pencil line I used copper mica; think I could have used a bit more but I only had a smidge left to begin with. For my second layer I swirled Ultramarine Blue and Chromium Green into the base and layered it on top of the mica. I had some lemonade and tangerine soap curls from my Mother's Day soap left so I added those too.

Elements Cocoa Butter Bar


This soap is scented with White Tea and Ginger fragrance oil. I'll leave these for a few days before cleaning the edges and stamping them. I really enjoyed this challenge. Can't wait to check out all of the others on Saturday!

16 comments:

  1. I needed saying thanks to you in this great read!
    handmade soap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors, beautiful soap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing swirls! Such warm orange and spring blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the top! Lovely colors!Beautiful soap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen this is super! Love the added curls too nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic interpretation and I love the added detail you did. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the soap curls - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's so pretty. Really like the soap curls too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful soap, I love the top, it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol-SoaplicityApril 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

    Love your colors and the swirls are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful swirls and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun color combination -- and it goes great with the scent you choose. Super bright and cheery, great job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and embeds! Such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete