Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gotta love the simplicity of 'All Natural'




Sometimes I am so torn between the 'Fun 'n Fragrant' and the 'All Natural' soaps. On the one hand I love the fun designs and wonderful fragrances that we soapers add to our hand held works of art; on the other hand there is something so comforting to a bar that uses no synthetic colours or fragrances. I don't know if I will one day choose to go one way or the other exclusively; for now I will just enjoy the process of creating. These soaps contain only natural clay for colour and essential oil for fragrance.
Clays and botanical infusions with pure essential oils create simple elegance and skin loving goodness.

 
Goatmilk Castile
I infused my olive oil with calendula and chamomile, strained the oil and just before straining a second time in a fine mesh strainer decided to leave the tiny particles in the soap for some contrast. I like it!


Pink Grapefruit and Ylang Ylang
essential oils with white and pink kaolin clays.

Mojito Anyone?
Who can resist the simplicity of a creamy white bar? White kaolin clay lightens the colour of this bar and the lime and spearmint essential oil combination smells divine!


Goatmilk
with peppermint and lemon essential oils

Goatmilk Citrus
Some essential oils contribute colour to the batch and I was experimenting with this one. I added litsea cubeba to one part of this batch, sweet orange essential oil and some orange peel to another part and swirled them together to see if the colours would hold. I topped it with unscented soap.

5 comments:

  1. Mojito is beautiful. I also like simple white bars of soap. I would like to try that mix of EO, but I haven´t found spearmint EO in Finland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can one day get hold of some spearmint eo. I find it a nice change from the more powerful peppermint eo.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous bars! I'm always a sucker for anything that is beautiful and natural. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love them all! But my favorite is the Mojito soap which looks so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I got a net connection, I invest all my time online.
    handmade soap

    ReplyDelete