Saturday, October 13, 2012

Who Knew??

 
 Okay, I admit - my living conditions here in Canada are pretty darn good. I live with my family in a warm and comfortable home with plenty of food, lots of work and play opportunities and great health care. Even so it seems much easier to see how much more other people around me have, and to bury my head in the sand when it comes to those who have so much less. 

Imagine the literal jolt I got while reading that "Every year, more than 3.5 million children less than five years of age die from acute lower respiratory-tract infection and diarrheal illness. These two diseases are the 3rd and 5th leading causes of death worldwide and are responsible for more deaths annually than strokes and other cerebrovascular diseases." http://www.cleantheworld.org/our-cause.asp And the best way to combat these statistics is SOAP. Talk about a wake-up call! As a soap maker I'm swimming in the stuff - and millions of children around the world are dying for lack of it. I'd say it's time to pull my head from the sand.

On Monday, October 15th I'll be humbly boxing up my left over soaps from past seasons and sending them on their way to Clean the World. You can learn more about Global Handwashing Day here.



3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind, but I have shared your post on my FB timeline! Thank you so much for sharing and spreading the word! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, Barbara. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Also I own a blog page but I cover stuff like knuckle lift and other related items.
    handmade soap

    ReplyDelete