Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Busy in the Soap Room

It's September! The kids are all back in school and it's time to stock the soap shelves. Here's what I've been working on over the past few weeks.

I'm determined to complete one more 'Quad Pak' (a gift pack of 4 soaps), this time a 4 Seasons Pak. These 2 soaps represent spring with the fresh scent of spearmint, and fall with pumpkin spice. Summerberries is already done, now I just need a winter soap to finish off the pack.

Then there's Coconut Lime Verbena. I love the scent in this one and am hoping it doesn't fade too much in the coming weeks.

Coconut Lime Verbena - with coconut milk



This is Green Tweed - one of my favorite scents - made with goat milk. I normally try to avoid the gel phase with my milk soaps, I'm always afraid of them over-heating, and I really do like the muted colours of a non-gelled soap. But with all my partial gels lately I decided to let this go right ahead and gel - and it looks fine. How on earth those soap balls ended up with a partial gel I have no idea!



My essential oils have been sadly neglected lately, so Lavender Lang was created. I used alkanet infused olive oil and annatto infused olive oil. The yellow isn't too yellow, but the purple turned out great.

Lavender Lang - with tussah silk and lavender and ylang ylang essential oils.



There's good ole Ash again! This time I think he's looking quite distinguished.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love them all!!! Great soaps, but the Coconut Lime Verbena is my favourite.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all are fabulous, I love all the different unique tops that you've created. :)

    ReplyDelete