Friday, July 20, 2012

I was Wrong

In my last post I was sharing my incredible distaste for partial gels. And in that post I said that I didn't care for the look of rebatched soap and would probably shred the offending bars and incorporate them into a new batch. Well it didn't take long to realize that I'd have to make a LOT of batches to incorporate all those shreds so, I bit the bullet, pulled out my soaping crock pot and set those shreds to rebatching.
Well aren't I just feasting on those words now. I really like this new look! Once the shreds were well on their way to melting down I added some lavender coloured chunks from some small colour experimenting bars. The texture is much smoother than I had anticipated. I just may have to do this again sometime.


Here are a few more bars that I made this week.
Peppermint Patti - with real chocolate, peppermint essential oil and tussah silk


Cherry Blossom - with tussah silk. This fragrance oil is subtle but very yummy.



Hearts-A-Swirl makeover - goat milk with a delicious scent of chocolate, strawberries and grapefruit.





3 comments:

  1. Cherry Blossom is so pretty and girly. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your new soaps, they are absolutely gorgeous. I always gel my soaps because it gives it that color that just is so much brighter and pops when you look at it. =)

    ReplyDelete