This is what I ended up with. On the top curry powder, paprika and red hibiscus flower; on the bottom annatto seed, alkanet powder, juniper berry and indigo powder.
Now obiously some of these infusions did not impart colour.
- The curry powder surprised me - very slight deepening of colour.
- Paprika gave a very nice orange colour - can't wait to try that one.
- Red hibiscus flower, crushed - nothing.
- Annatto seed - those puppies are next to impossible to crush! Nice yellow colour. This is the second time I've infused annatto, but last time it was in a double boiler on the stove top.
- Alkanet powder - purple-ish. Second time I've infused alkanet as well, last time in the double boiler, but I've used most of it and wanted some more.
- Juniper berry - crushed, no colour, very fragrant - wonder if it will come through in soap.
- Indigo powder - very rich blue.