Friday, April 27, 2012

Challenge #6 - Faux Funnel Pour

I've long admired the effects of the faux funnel pour. I'm so glad it was this weeks' challenge from Amy at Great Cakes Soapworks.I used a mold that my husband built for me a number of years ago. I haven't used it in ages because it is wider than I prefer, thus making huge slices. But for this challenge I wanted a large bulky piece of soap so I could experiment with different cuts. I was happy to have the help of my daughter.




These are fragranced with "Summerberries" fragrance oil and smells deliciously fruity. I look forward to building some new molds this week and using this technique again very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful soap I really like how it has a transparent look to it! Perhaps that is the oils you used. Nice coloring and contrast too! Fun isn't it! Is your fragrance from southern soapers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love your color combination! Sounds so wonderful and fruity and summery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, beautiful colors, Eileen!! So glad you enjoyed the challenge and plan to make more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just really enjoyed looking through all your challenge posts. You are very talented. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love your color combo! I'd like to smell this batch, too! :)

    ReplyDelete