Monday, November 7, 2011

Well who'd'a thunk it?

Certainly not me! Isn't it strange how life takes a turn here and there and you don't even realize it until you're on a new road? About a decade ago I bought a soap making book just because I enjoy the crafty side of life. Intrigued by the very idea of making soap, I began experimenting in my kitchen, beginning with rendering my own tallow and hand stirring for hours! It was a huge batch that lasted my family for months. Armed with the new information acquired from the experience, I went on a quest to learn all I could about soapmaking. I ditched the animal fats and replaced them with a variety of rich and nourishing vegetable oils and butters; I purchased a stick blender to cut back on the time factor; I was hooked!

So now what? The house is loaded down with enough soap to last a decade. Hmmm. The options:
      a) stop making soap
      b) start selling my soap so I could make more

I think I feel a soap making session coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment